Sweet for my sweet
Say ‘I love you’ with these silky-smooth chocolate pots – a seriously decadent way to round off a romantic dinner for two
Rich and indulgent, these chocolate and vanilla pots are best served in small portions – glass yoghurt pots or ramekins are just the right size. Valentine’s Day aside, they make a great dinner-party pud – prepare the day before, then refrigerate overnight, adding whipped cream and raspberries before serving. To make enough for four, double the ingredients apart from the egg yolk.
60g dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids)
75ml single cream
1 vanilla pod, split open
1 egg yolk
½ tbsp cornflour
1 tbsp caster sugar
1 tbsp butter
75ml double cream, whipped
- Roughly chop the chocolate.
- Pour the milk and single cream into a small pan, add the vanilla pod and place over a medium heat. Remove from the heat just before boiling, cover and leave to infuse for 15 minutes. Discard the vanilla pod.
- Beat together the egg yolk, cornflour and sugar, then pour in the milk and cream mixture. Beat well then return to the pan over a low heat. Heat, stirring occasionally, until the cream thickens.
- Beat in the chocolate and butter.
- Pour into small pots, allow to cool, then refrigerate.
- Serve with whipped cream and raspberries.